Our Mission is to provide quality health care that meets or exceeds the expectations of our customers.
We are committed to the delivery of health care excellence in which:
- A competent health care team takes pride in the organization and community and provides health care services designed to meet expanding and changing needs.
- A financially sound facility provides state-of-the-art health care.
- The organizational environment empowers employees, nurtures innovation and creativity.
We exist to provide quality health care that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Continually improve our services through commitment and dedication.
- Recognize the patient as our number one customer.
- Recognize our health care team as our most valuable resource.
- Recognize the importance of professionalism and patient satisfaction.
- Provide an atmosphere which endorses team and staff participation in the pursuit of excellence in the delivery of healthcare.
In 1951, Wayne General Hospital opened its doors as a 30–bed institution to care for the citizens of Wayne County. Demands for hospital services increased and in 1962, additional beds and an expanded ancillary services area were added. In 1977, a new facility was completed at the present location. This facility is an 80-bed general acute care hospital offering laboratory services, radiology, physical therapy, inhalation therapy, surgery, an intensive–care unit, swing-bed, obstetrics, home health, hospice, wellness center, ambulance services, and emergency room services. Today the hospital — with modern equipment, expanded services, and specialized personnel — has the ability to provide more medical services to the people of this area.
Wayne General Hospital will continue to provide the medical care needs for today and tomorrow.